Friday, July 18, 2008

I Love Fridays...

Tonight we went to Red Robin for dinner.  Cole has been transitioning from two naps a day to only one, so he has been a little cranky in the evenings and refusing to eat dinner pretty much every night. So today, after a long week of fussy meal-times, we decided to break it up a bit and see if he did better going out to eat.  It worked pretty well... as soon as Cole got his hands on this balloon he was loving life and ate his mac and cheese without any problems... 
It is always fun to be out-and-about with Cole... I remember when he was first born I was so terrified that I would never get to have quality time with Sean again, but it is amazing how much better just about everything is with Cole there.  
On the way home, we stopped at Trader Joe's to pick up one of our favorite foods... banana waffles... they are SO good!
And we discovered these... Mini Mint Ice Cream Mouthfuls... they are even more delicious than they sound.  I can definitely see myself eating a lot of these in the future:)  I love Trader Joe's!  It seems like there is always some new treat to try every time we're in there.
While Sean and I devoured the ice cream sandwiches, Cole was quite content just to suck his thumb... Tomorrow we are going to the Microsoft Company Picnic... Hopefully I will have pictures of it to post tomorrow!  I love weekends...

5 comments:

patsy said...

Oh man- I was so looking forward to trader joes! that place looks so great...
Cole is so cute- what a good guy- does he suck his thumb? remember when jack did? oh my gosh - jack is 6 feet tall now!
it was so great to see pictures of you all today- I am missing you guys!

Johnna said...

I was thinking that we needed to go there too. Next time we will have to make it by there......
Thanks for sharing the pictures of cole and you and Sean. I am glad that you had a great time at the picnic.

Haley said...

Oh...I am really missing Cole now. P.S. Sean looks like my Dad (and his) in that top picture.

Anonymous said...

Cole is sooo cute.

Anonymous said...

let me join you in the back no need to suck your thumb I have something nicer for you to suck