Tuesday, November 27, 2007
1. I have no sense of direction. This has always been apparent to me, but never as much as it is now that I am trying to navigate my way around an area as complicated as Western Washington.
2. I talk to my mom at least once every day... all thanks to at&t.
3. I get stressed out way too easily... I am working on it, really, I am, but it's hard for me. I've always known that my "stresses" often seem ridiculous to other people, and it never occurred to me before, but it was recently suggested to me, to try to view them exactly as that and that maybe looking at them through other people's eyes will help me to calm down and realize what a big deal my "problems" aren't.
4. I love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups... just candy in general, but my love for Reese's has recently been renewed while I was at my parent's house for Thanksgiving and my mom had a jar of them that I could not resist.
5. I have a bright PINK Discover card and it makes me happy every time I use it.
6. I don't get cold very easily. I used to work in a warehouse that didn't really have a heater and all winter long everyone else came to work all bundled up and I never really felt the need... I was still fine in a t-shirt. I think stressing out all the time keeps me warm or something, who knows, but I just thought I'd share:)
*I am now tagging my sister-in-law, Dana and my husband, Sean*
Monday, November 26, 2007
It feels good to finally feel better. My first week here in Washington was pretty miserable... We got here on a Friday and I was busy making "to-do" lists for Saturday, determined to get moved in here as quickly as possible. It didn't happen. I woke up Saturday morning feeling disgustingly ill and that feeling didn't go away until I went to the Tri-Cities for thanksgiving... I felt instantly better. I think a huge part of my sickness was homesickness and being able to spend some time with family for the holiday really helped. Cole is sleeping right now, but I am going to get out of the house today and explore as soon as he wakes up.
Thursday, November 8, 2007
This picture of Cole makes me laugh every time I look at it so I thought I would share... He went to the doctor for his 9 month check up a couple of days ago... he weighs 21 lbs and is 30 inches tall... I cannot believe that he is almost 1! Time flies...
Monday, November 5, 2007
Sean and I went to Washington this weekend to look for houses... I found the house I want the first day we were there... so with that taken care of, we had time to explore downtown Seattle. I love Farmer's Markets... isn't this produce beautiful?
We ate at Fisherman's on the waterfront. They redo their menu daily, depending on what they have caught fresh... it was delicious and I loved the view from our table.
and to streets like this... I have always loved "old-fashioned" roads, so I had to take a picture of Sean and I walking on this old street near Pike Place Market. I am trying to focus on the positives about living in western Washington, because lately I have wondered what have I gotten myself into... but this weekend really helped me to forget all my worries... I think this move is going to be a good thing for my family~
Thursday, November 1, 2007
I had so much fun dressing Cole up for Halloween... He looked so cute crawling around the house in his costume... his little dinosaur tail shaking back and forth as he pulled himself along... I cannot wait until next year when I can actually take him trick-or-treating.